Well there is good news and bad news. Unfortunately pitting is the result of adding salt to the water before it is boiling and causing a chemical reaction. This cannot be fixed, but can only be prevented by not adding salt until water is fully boiled. The good news... this will not affect the performance of your cookware.
Articles in this section
- How do I clean my carbon steel?
- What are the brown spots on my stainless steel pan?
- My cookware is pitting! How can I fix it?
- I love dropping a hot pan in the sink and watching it steam. Is that bad?
- Can I use steel wool/abrasive cleaners on my cookware?
- What are the white spots left on my cookware after cleaning?