Product in our industry is, in part, differentiated by metal composition. In the "premium" market you have things like tri-ply, 5-ply, copper core, etc. Think of our 5-ply like a sandwich. The outer layers of “bread” are premium 18/10 stainless steel. Stainless steel provides durability, induction compatibility, and a non-reactive surface. The “meat” of the sandwich is three layers of aluminum, which is a metal known for its heat conductivity and responsiveness. Like in the sandwich, the thicker the aluminum interior better (so 5-ply is better than tri-ply) and the combination of stainless steel and aluminum is a match made in cooking heaven. Two layers of stainless plus three layers of aluminum = 5-ply. Our non stick cookware is the exact same 5-ply body as our bare stainless steel, it is just additionally triple coated with our high grade PFOA free, PTFE non stick coating.
Articles in this section
- Does my non stick cookware need to be washed before the first use?
- Is your cookware induction compatible?
- I've heard nonstick surfaces are dangerous. Is yours safe?
- Are all of your pieces dishwasher safe? Even the nonstick?
- Will the handles get hot?
- What is this 5-ply thing you keep talking about?
- Is your cookware oven safe?
- What type of tools can I use with your cookware?
- Are there lids for your non stick frying pans?